Hello! I have been having a lot of fun this year with Halloween crafts. I got the cool idea of this candy box from a YouTube Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8evnkev6k8). It is a Christmas candy box that has 7 nuggets in it. I wanted to create a similar project, but scaled down to only 3 nuggets. It took measuring twice and cutting once, but I got it down! I think this is a fun project that could easily be done for friends at a party or coworkers or if your REALLY ambitious for the neighborhood kids! Here's my video on how I created the box. To prevent misstating the measurements I didn't include them in the video. But you can see them below the clip. Also, if you want to do a box for 7 nuggets the video linked above includes the measurements.
- Paper - all of it is from The Paper Studio
- Tags - cut from Accent Essentials cartridge
- Ghost Image - from The Cutting Cafe
- Sentiment - I created using the font "Creepy"
Measurements & Scoring for a box that fits 3 nuggets:
- For the main box, cut the paper at 5 1/2 x 4 inches. Score at 5/8 and 1 1/4 inch on the short sides. Score at 3 3/8 and 1 1/4 inch on the long sides.
- For the slider top, cut the paper at 5 1/4 x 3 inches. Score at 1 1/4 and 1 7/8 inch on the long side only. You may want to adjust the scoring a touch based on the thickness of the papers that you are using.
- For the candy wrappers, cut the paper at 3 x 1 inches.