Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Stamp Camp

A sorority sister of mine hosted a stamp camp tonight.  It was my first crafting event and I am not much of a stamper.  I had three goals going into this thing: learn more about stamping, learn a new technique and buy some more supplies!

We made five cards in two hours.  Which has got to be a record for me.  The quicker pace resulted in less perfection (especially with lining up the papers).  Overall, I really like the cards we made.


I learned one new thing for each of these cards.  On the pink card I heat embossed for the first time...and a second time because I burnt it the first time!  The embossing doesn't come out on the picture.  But I'm excited I got to try it.  On the Congratulations card I used a tool called a Crop-a-Dile.  It makes eyelet setting so easy!  The heat embosser and Crop-a-Dile are now on my must get list!

I love the colors on this card and aren't those little stamps so cute?  The new stamping technique that I used here was inking the stamp with an ink marker instead of an ink pad.  I liked coloring the stamp so much I bought a set of ink markers!  I'm not crazy about the way my fifth turned out so I'm not going to post a picture of it.  I didn't do a good job of centering the circle cuts...it made me really appreciate my Cricut.  Thank you to my wonderful host.  It was nice meeting everyone.




0 comments: