Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stocking Gift Box

First of all I have to apologize for how late this post is! I had my final exam last night so I feel like I can actually breath and do something besides work, study and sleep.

For this weeks Cooking With Cricut challenge we are making Stockings & Stuffers! I created a cute little gift box that could hold candy or small little trinkets that is in the shape of a stocking. The stocking comes from the Winter Frolic cartridge.

First I cut two of the shadows out. Then I cut out the first set of the stocking and it's layers. Finally, I cut out a second set of the stocking and it's layers FLIPPED.

For the box I didn't do anything to fancy. I just measured the inside part of the stocking and made a box that would fit those dimensions.

The patterned paper comes from Stampin' Up. The rest of it is just pieces that I had laying around. To make the gifts look a little cooler than regular solid paper I used a Stampin' Up ink marker to doodle the snowflakes on the blue package, dots on the ribbons and color in the green dots. This was a really simple project that didn't take a lot of thinking or planning.

Be sure to join us on Cooking With Cricut for this weeks challenge AND the 25 days of Christmas which is full of projects and free files!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Love this cute little box, Adrea! Glad your exams are over. Maybe now you can breathe a little easier, slow down and enjoy the holidays! ~ Jen, CWCDT

Lisa J said...

This is too cute! Just might have to make some of these for our stockings!

TFS

{HUGS}

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Cute stocking!

Sandy Ang said...

How very clever to use a stocking shape for your box !

Pink Cricut said...

Adrea--I love this card! So adorable!