Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Fab N Funky Spring Challenge

The Challenger : Fab 'N' Funky

The Challenge: "Spring is in the Air" This could a project featuring Spring animals or flowers; colours you associate with Spring . . . again, please interpret the theme in a way that suits your project(s) but when we visit, we can still understand where you have used our theme.

With the nice weather that we were having here in Michigan, I really wanted to participate in this challenge. But I wasn't sure how or what I was going to do. Until a new post from Wanda showed up in my Google Reader. She put together the great cut for the card. I did end up altering it a bit so I could have the purple background.

The time consuming part of this card was coloring and glittering the flowers. I first stamped the flowers pink and the stems green. I then placed packaging tape behind the flowers. I used packaging tape because it was the right width! I could use one piece for the whole scene. I then put the blue, green and gold glitter down. They are all very fine glitters and I found that they worked best with the glue and the small area's that I was trying to fill.
I cut out the sentiment using Times New Roman font bolded. Be careful when cutting the font, as some of the letters can be thin making them more delicate to work with. I added some cute blue ribbon from the dollar bin.
I really love how this card came out, especially the glitter on the flowers! I have a few more ideas on what I'll be doing with the cute card SVG that Wanda created....stay tuned to see if they work out!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

fab card, good luck with the GDT app :0)

andrea said...

gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea