Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Card for a Friend

Sorry this post is a little late. I needed to make sure my friend got her card before I posted it here. She is expecting her first little one and I put together a little gift bag of things to spoil her. Here is the card I made her!


I got the idea and the flower SVG from Paper, Scissors, Ink. The red and patterned paper are Red Ryder from Basic Grey. The blue is just one of a large stack in that color!

The flower has seven layers and took more time than I anticipated. After cutting the pieces I stamped the edges. You'll notice that I ignored the little mishaps. I took the approach real flowers are imperfect. Which, being a bit of an expert, was very hard for me to do.

I used a bone folder to crease the larger pieces and a toothpick to curl the inner petals.

On the inside of the card, I printed out the text and then put a frame around it. I really like how it came out!


1 comments:

kristen said...

Ooh, this is SUPER cute!! (Looks like a ton of work!) :)